Our Approach to the Outbreak
Spectrum Home Health Agency’s greatest priority is the health and well-being of our clients and staff. We recognize our team serves a vulnerable population, and we take that responsibility very seriously. Potential exposure will remain the lowest for those who can stay in their homes, with limited outside contact. It is our desire to work with you and your family to maintain this option for your loved ones.
As part of our standard operating procedures, Spectrum Home Health’s staff is trained in ways to reduce the risk of illness. We require daily staff “self-checks” and reporting for fever and/or other signs and symptoms of infection before visiting with clients. Screening questions such as your travel in the last 14 days, or if you or anyone in your home is currently experiencing flu-like symptoms, will be asked during our call before the visit to ensure the safety of all.
Lastly, we all have the responsibility to remain vigilant about good hand-washing hygiene, as well as proper patient equipment cleaning between visits.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Participate in social distancing
- CDC COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- Alabama Department of Public Health: https://www.alabamapublichealth.gov/
- Alabama Medical Association: https://www.alamedical.org/
Spectrum Home Health continues to actively monitor the recommendations and guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization, and our state and local Departments of Public Health. The COVID-19 pandemic has presented us with unprecedented challenges, and we appreciate your cooperation. We thank you for the opportunity to serve you and your loved ones. If you should have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Spectrum Home Health Agency in Huntsville, Alabama, at any time at (256) 539-4457.